Monday 23 May 2011

My First investigation into a metaphor

My first chosen metaphor was the car

I chose the car as it is different, and easily relatable, with most people will have driven or drive on a daily basis. Firstly I focused on the cars acceleration, breaking system and simple steering as the metaphor for If/else. 

My first thought is create/find a mote control car that people could play with, with simple buttons for stop and go, and simple steering. As I went further into my investigation for this metaphor I discovered this might not be clear enough for an individual who doesn’t take coding as a class, therefore I decided I could simplify/ expand my metaphor including a surrounding area that the car will become trapped within.
And the If/else becoming not just the cars control but the boundaries the car is trapped in. 

This metaphor will be playing off the If/else code needed to produce a ball that follows the mouse around the screen, but is restricted into a confined area. Therefore i may pace an area inside another, making this more apparent  


Timetable;


Day
Task
Equipment/cost

Friday 20th May


 




Begin the working drawings in order to create the car structure/car. 

Then begin construction on model


Paper, pens, ruler
-already have
Wood, lights, mote control car, battery’s
- want to spend around $20

Sunday 22nd May


 




Working on model



Tuesday 24th May


 




Have the basis of my project finished



Friday 27th May


Have the 200 – 300 words description of my exhibition piece written and handed in on the 27th
Then continue putting the finishing touches on my exhibition piece,



Tuesday 31st May

Have my exhibition piece finished and on display in the atrium by 1:30pm on the 31st


No comments:

Post a Comment