Monday 23 May 2011

My second investigation into a metaphor

My second idea was a spin off from the classic childhood game of Snakes and ladders. This simple, memorable game would be easy for individuals to relate with, and therefore will make it easier for them to understand the term If/else.

Investigating into this metaphor I decided to simplify the game making it only snakes and ladders and no other squares for the contestants to land on.
While thinking about the possibilities of the interactional exhibits I could produce I decided on two main ideas. 

Firstly I would create a grid structure with marbles and a dice which the individual/individuals would roll. The grid structure would be a stair case leading up to the top (symbolising the ladder) and there is a slide structure next to it (symbolising the snake)
Individual will then roll the dice and move his/her marble up the structure if they get a ladder symbol , and will have to place their marble on the slide if the rolled a snake symbol.

The second idea will involve the same principle however the people just walk up and down the stairs themselves.




Day
Task
Equipment/cost

Friday 20th May


 




Begin the working drawings in order to create the marble structure 

Then begin construction on model


Paper, pens, ruler
-already have
Wood, spray paint, marbles, transparent paper, paint, tools.
- want to spend around $20

Sunday 22nd May


 




Working on model



Tuesday 24th May


 




Have the basis of my project finished



Friday 27th May


Have the 200 – 300 words description of my exhibition piece written and handed in on the 27th
Then continue putting the finishing touches on my exhibition piece,



Tuesday 31st May

Have my exhibition piece finished and on display in the atrium by 1:30pm on the 31st



No comments:

Post a Comment