Monday 23 May 2011

Project Three; First Brainstorm / Investigation

My chosen term is If/else


Site; Processing

If/else;  Allows the program to make a decision about which code to execute. If the test evaluates to true, the statements enclosed within the block are executed and if the test evaluates to false the statements are not executed.  /   Extends the if() structure allowing the program to choose between two or more block of code. It specifies a block of code to execute when the expression in if() is false.


Thus Basically If/ else is a term that allows the program to choose which code to execute, based on the data presented. This term is carried out through the use of tests, as when the test becomes true, the statement that follows is executed, and so on.

I chose if/else as I found this term easy to relate to the simple tasks of everyday life. Investigating into this term I wanted to choose a simple metaphor that most people would be able to relate too.  Going through all my ideas I chose the following three to do further research on....

No comments:

Post a Comment