Monday 23 May 2011

My Third investigation into a metaphor

The third metaphor I chose was to do with ice. With ice being able to transform into water and water to steam (vies versa). During my investigation into this topic I found that this metaphor would be tricky to produce an interactive exhibit with, as ice usually takes a while to freeze, and it is rather difficult to get the steam to transform back into water. 

Therefore I decided to choose just the transformation of ice  <-->  water
Looking into this transformation, I looked through YouTube where there are several videos where the individuals are apparently turning water into ice instantly.

However most of these experiments can only be done once, which takes away from the interactive side of my exhibition/ would be too dangerous to have in the exhibition hall with spectators who may not be sure on what they’re doing.

Therefore this means that if I where to continue on this metaphor successfully I would most likely need to produce a video, linking and demonstrating this reaction to the term If/else. Unless i find a way to safely display this at the exhibition.

My video would demonstrate the simple If functions that would need to occur for the transformation to happen, If I choose to utilize this metaphor I will perhaps look further into different ways of producing this transformation for my video (like the ones I discovered on YouTube).  



Timetable

Day
Task
Equipment/cost

Friday 20th May


 




Begin the storyboard in order to create the video

Then begin construction on model


Paper, pens, ruler
-already have
camera, water, freezer, containers
- want to spend around $20

Sunday 22nd May


 




Working on video



Tuesday 24th May


 




Have the basis of my project finished



Friday 27th May


Have the 200 – 300 words description of my exhibition piece written and handed in on the 27th
Then continue putting the finishing touches on my exhibition piece,



Tuesday 31st May

Have my exhibition piece finished and on display in the atrium by 1:30pm on the 31st


No comments:

Post a Comment